Cyber Security Watch Position/Security Engineer
Edgewater Federal Solutions is a small business providing Information Technology (IT) consulting services to the Federal government. Founded in 2002, Edgewater is headquartered a few miles south of Frederick, Maryland (near Urbana, MD). Edgewater’s core services are Program Management Support, Business Process Engineering, Cyber Security, and Enterprise Systems Engineering and Operations. Edgewater is currently seeking a Cyber Security Watch Position/Security Engineer to provide support to the DOE IN office located in Washington, D.C.
- Serve as the Cybersecurity Watch Analyst responsible for analyzing information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report on events to protect information systems and networks from threats.
- Perform technical security activities to include:
- Characterize and analyze security events to identify anomalous and potential threats to systems
- Analyze identified malicious activity to determine exploitation methods and impacts
- Triage intrusions, malware, and other cybersecurity threats
- Document, track and escalate cybersecurity incidents
- Comment on new ODNI/NIST standards / regulations as applies to client environment
- Employ best practices when implementing security requirements within an information system.
- Participate in IC Community Shared Resources Working Group.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Respond to cyber incidents as defined in DOE-IN Incident Response and local SOP.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 12 years of cyber security experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field.
- Desired Candidates have CISSP or other security certification.
- Knowledge of common adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Experience working in a SIEM, interpreting IDS alerts, and deriving context from event logs
- Candidates must have the following experience and knowledge:
Knowledge of the IC and audit collection policies.
- Possess effective interpersonal and presentation skills as he/she operates in a client-facing role.
- Possess the ability to communicate in written and oral form. Publication or presentation experiences a plus.
- Experience reporting IT Security events/incidents in the time prescribed based on policies and procedures.
- Candidate will be a Proactive Self Starter
- Candidate will Require Little to No Immediate Supervision or Day to Day Tasking
- Candidate will Possess Excellent Decision Making Skills.
- Candidate will Demonstrate Flexibility and Possess the Willingness to Support Shift Work if Needed.
- Candidate will Possess Excellent ability to collaborate as a Team and Possess Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Candidate will Possess Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills and be able to Interact with Senior Levels of Management.
Preferred To Have/Desired Skills:
- Possesses experience supporting the Intelligence Community (IC)
- Experience analyzing host based security events and indicators
- Experience analyzing network based security events and indicators
- Experience working in a SOC and supporting incident response
- Experience with supporting the Joint Worldwide Intelligence System (JWICS).
- Knowledge of cloud architecture.
- Knowledge of virtualization capabilities
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, and/or other status protected by applicable law.
View full post on National Cyber Security Ventures