This strategic position is responsible for infrastructure technology (“IT”) and solution architecture governance and reports to VP of Global Customer and Technical Operations. With a sound understanding of all aspects of managing a diverse IT infrastrucure, this leader with vision will design, champion, and deliver the transformation of foundational infrastructure and operations platforms to a streamlined, state-of-the-art IT Department.
The ideal Director, IT Operations has a high degree of business insight with demonstrable ability to lever a technical practice which drives competitive advantage. As a focused business and technical leader, they will lead from a place of experienced authority and lead by example thru their willingness to roll-up their selves to get the job done while actively crafting systems, processes and procedures which scale to meet the needs, risks, challenges and opportunities of a high-growth organization.
The Director of IT is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions at Glu HQ and 5 remote locations. This includes directing all IT operations to meet business requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and implementation of new technical solutions.
The Director of IT is a hands-on professional who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and working with cross-functional teams to deliver a great service to internal customers, to improve IT operations and develop the existing infrastructure and application landscape.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Long-Term Strategic Planning
- Drive the roadmap to streamline, standardize, and strengthen performance, reliability, robustness and scalability across the company.
- Provide strategic direction for infrastructure and end-user support; deliver extraordinary customer service for end-user support.
- Provide senior management with an enterprise-wide perspective and put strategies and plans for Information Systems into context with other projects and associated risks.
- Set strategic and tactical direction for the use of Information Systems throughout Glu, which includes budgets and return on investment.
- Oversee IT operations budget.
- Establish, implement, and evaluate, information systems policies and procedures.
- Manage multiple IT projects and deliver end results on time and on budget.
- Support, communicate and reinforce the mission, values, philosophy and culture of the organization.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure quality, best pricing, delivery and timeliness
Ensuring daily IT operations
- Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems.
- Leads company wide system and process improvement projects to improve cross-functional collaboration.
- Ensure effective performance, 24X7 availability, and proper change control of the production Information systems.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate assigned team members; provide team member training; work with team members to correct deficiencies; implement and or approve discipline as appropriate.
- Manage, lead and mentor IT staff, along with third-party contractors as appropriate.
- Lead employee selection, training, guidance, performance management and development to ensure department objectives, goals and performance standards for the department are met.
- Manage remote teams at international locations successfully.
- Develop a team of technology professionals capable of providing tactical support for day to day operations.
- Lead the team to maintain data integrity and documentation for all computer networks and personnel computers through proper backup, recovery and information security policies, procedures and practices.
- Manage team to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Skills & Knowledge
- Effective written and verbal communication in conjunction with training skills.
- Ability to work multi-functionally with all levels of internal staff.
- Highly-organized, self-motivated; leadership style of continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership presence with a high-motivation to meet personal, team and corporate goals
- Ability to research and quickly resolve technical issues.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong Knowledge of Office 365 and Google Applications.
- Strong Active Directory and Windows and Linux Server administration knowledge.
- Strong Networking skills with Cisco and Palo Alto Networks technology
- Experience managing and improving General Computing Controls and working with auditors.
- Experience designing and leading IT resources, budgets and return on investment analysis.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of information technology experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role/manager role
- Experience working closely with business process owners on continuous process improvement and the application of technology toward this end
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Life at the cutting edge of wireless technology is an exciting but demanding place to be. Glu is always on the look out for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. We reward talent, creativity, and the ability to get the job done. At Glu, you’ll find dynamic people, a hip, forward-thinking culture, a team-oriented environment, and opportunity for advancement. If you are interested in mobile technology and want to be part of a team that makes the future of wireless technology happen, then Glu is for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Glu is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace.
View full post on National Cyber Security Ventures