Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 08 November 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. ConnectWise Automate Ransomware Attacks: Malicious actors are targeting ConnectWise Automate, an RMM (remote monitoring and management) software platform that’s popular with MSPs (managed IT services providers) and technology solutions providers (TSPs), the company warned on Thursday.
2. Small Business Cybersecurity Guide: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), has launched Cyber Essentials, an effort to assist small organizations in understanding and addressing cybersecurity risks.
3. Accenture Cyberattack Simulations: Accenture, a Top 200 MSSP for 2019, has expanded its cybersecurity capabilities with the opening of three “cyber ranges” to help industrial companies — including those in the oil and gas, chemicals, utilities and manufacturing industries — practice their response to cyberattacks across their most critical assets, the company says.
4. U.S. Power Grid Security: Fortress Information Security has launched the Asset to Vendor Network for Power Utilities (A2V), a joint venture with American Electric Power. A2V is designed to address concerns about protecting the U.S. power grid from cyber threats, the company says.
5. Talent – Sophos CFO Resigns: Sophos CFO Nick Bray is stepping down from the cybersecurity company as it prepares to shift from public markets to private equity ownership. Thoma Bravo is acquiring Sophos, according to an October deal announcement.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent – Channel Chief: Plixer, which focuses on solving security and network operations challenges, has hired Arbor Networks and Forcepoint veteran Chris Moulas as VP of global sales.
2. Autonomous Security Robots: Kenton Brothers Systems for Security Inc. will bring physical security robots from Cobalt Robotics to Kansas and Missouri businesses. The two companies inked a one-year exclusive deal to address that specific geography.
3. Partnership – Risk Mitigation: CynergisTek and LogicGate are partnering to make it easier for clientele to identify and remediate third-party risks.
4. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.
The post Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 08 November 2019 appeared first on National Cyber Security.
View full post on National Cyber Security