phonehacking

now browsing by tag

 
 

Mirror Group settles phone-hacking claims

To Purchase This Product/Services, Go To The Store Link Above Or Go To http://www.become007.com/store/ Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans Dozens of celebrities have settled their phone-hacking claims against Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN). Lord Archer, footballer Kevin Keegan and actresses Patsy Kensit …

The post Mirror Group settles phone-hacking claims appeared first on Become007.com.

View full post on Become007.com

Cameron criticised for meeting editors but not phone-hacking victims

more information on sonyhack from leading cyber security experts

2000

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans

David Cameron met with the editors of the Sun, the Telegraph and the Mail on Sunday in the two weeks prior to a government announcement delaying the controversial imposition of costs on the newspaper industry. Despite promising to put the victims of press abuse ahead of proprietors several times during the phone-hacking scandal, Cameron failed to meet the victims of press abuse during this time. Earlier this week, victims of press abuse including Gerry and Kate McCann, Christopher Jefferies and the Hillsborough families called on the prime minister to deliver on promises made during the phone-hacking scandal to improve press regulation. Evan Harris, executive director of Hacked Off, said the prime minister “must have forgotten his promises to the victims of his press friends’ misconduct” by “spending so much time with his old friends in the press”. Separately, John Whittingdale, the culture secretary who announced the surprise delay on October 19, held nine meetings with editors or proprietors in the six weeks prior to the announcement, including a round table with 10 senior representatives of the local newspaper industry. Whittingdale met with victims of press abuse but not until weeks after he announced the delay to proposed costs, which were […]

The post Cameron criticised for meeting editors but not phone-hacking victims appeared first on National Cyber Security.

View full post on National Cyber Security

hacker proof, #hackerproof




Related Post

The post Cameron criticised for meeting editors but not phone-hacking victims appeared first on AmIHackerProof.com.

View full post on AmIHackerProof.com

GQ publisher in contempt of court with phone-hacking article

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans

GQ publisher in contempt of court with phone-hacking article

The publisher of GQ magazine has been found guilty of contempt of court over a “very seriously prejudicial” article about the phone-hacking trial of Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson. Condé Nast, the US publisher behind the magazine, was accused of publishing an article last year that could have “seriously impeded or prejudiced” the Old Bailey trial. The article by the US journalist Michael Wolff, published during the trial last April, contained allegations that Rupert Murdoch, the owner of the now-defunct News of the World, was implicated in phone hacking, the high court in London was told. The feature also included claims that had not been put before the trial jury, including that Brooks had received a £10.8m settlement from Murdoch. Condé Nast is facing a large fine after the judges – the lord chief justice, John Thomas of Cwmgiedd, and Mrs Justice Nicola Davies – ruled that the article clearly created “a substantial risk” that the trial of Brooks, Coulson and other employees of the newspaper “would be seriously impeded or prejudiced”. Source: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/nov/18/gq-publisher-contempt-of-court-phone-hacking-article-brooks-coulson

For more information go to http://www.NationalCyberSecurity.com, http://www. GregoryDEvans.com, http://www.LocatePC.net or http://AmIHackerProof.com

The post GQ publisher in contempt of court with phone-hacking article appeared first on National Cyber Security.

View full post on National Cyber Security

No end in sight: More drama to come in the phone-hacking scandal

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans

Like the Wars of the Roses, Frank Sinatra’s much-postponed retirement and the proceedings of the Chilcot inquiry, the newspaper phone-hacking scandal seems to go on for ever. With the conclusion of the Leveson investigation into the British press, and the jailing of some journalists, many in the industry may have hoped that, using a contemporary phrase, a “line might be drawn” under this unrelenting media nightmare. It seems not. Rebekah Brooks appears set to return to the chief executive role at News UK, formerly News International – one she vacated when she had to face serious legal charges. She was judged innocent and cleared; nonetheless, many were shocked at what they learnt about journalistic methods at the News of the World and The Sun, and the behaviour of senior people at the titles, legal or not. Whatever lessons have been learnt and qualities Ms Brooks brings to the Murdoch organisation, even the most skilled public-relations exercise could not convince anyone that this was a “fresh start”. Rupert Murdoch has once again signalled a sort of rugged defiance towards the rest of the world, and displayed a remarkable sense of loyalty, even chivalry, to one of those closest to him. It […]

For more information go to http://www.NationalCyberSecurity.com, http://www. GregoryDEvans.com, http://www.LocatePC.net or http://AmIHackerProof.com

The post No end in sight: More drama to come in the phone-hacking scandal appeared first on National Cyber Security.

View full post on National Cyber Security

Rebekah Brooks Returning To News Corp After Phone-Hacking Scandal

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans

LONDON, Aug 28 (Reuters) – Rebekah Brooks will return to her old job heading Rupert Murdoch’s British newspaper division, according to the Financial Times and New York Times, just over a year after being cleared of criminal charges in a phone-hacking scandal. Her return to News Corp could be as soon as early September, the Financial Times said on Friday, citing people familiar with the matter. Reuters reported in March that Brooks, the former editor of the News of the World tabloid and seen as Murdoch’s protege, was in talks about returning to News Corp. “As we have said, we have been having discussions with Rebekah Brooks and when we have any announcements to make we will let you know,” a News Corp spokesman said on Friday. News UK, which covers Murdoch’s British newspaper titles, declined further comment. If confirmed, the return to one of the biggest jobs in the British media would mark a stunning turnaround for Brooks who became one of the most talked about figures in British public life when the phone-hacking scandal broke. A public inquiry which ran through 2011 and 2012 heard of the close ties between senior executives at Murdoch’s newspapers, the police and leading […]

For more information go to http://www.NationalCyberSecurity.com, http://www. GregoryDEvans.com, http://www.LocatePC.net or http://AmIHackerProof.com

The post Rebekah Brooks Returning To News Corp After Phone-Hacking Scandal appeared first on National Cyber Security.

View full post on National Cyber Security

Trinity Mirror allowed to appeal £1.2m payout to phone-hacking victims

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans

Trinity Mirror has been granted permission to appeal the £1.2m in payouts made to eight victims of phone hacking by its Mirror titles. Trinity said an appeal by its Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN) subsidiary, which publishes the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Sunday People would be “heard as soon as reasonably possible” by the Court of Appeal. Trinity was initially refused permission to appeal the settlements for victims including Sadie Frost and Paul Gascoigne, which were expected to set a precedent for future payouts. Frost alone was awarded £260,250 in what is believed to be the single biggest privacy damages payout since the phone-hacking scandal broke in 2010. At the time, more than 70 high-profile claimants said they would sue the papers. In May, Trinity increased the amount it had set aside to cover the costs of settling the civil claims over phone hacking from £12m to £28m. Earlier this month, Trinity chief executive Simon Fox told the Guardian that the company wanted to “make the right payments to the civil claimants”, but that the judge in the case had “got it wrong” on their scale, adding: “That’s why we are appealing. We hope that process will occur as quickly […]

For more information go to http://www.NationalCyberSecurity.com, http://www. GregoryDEvans.com, http://www.LocatePC.net or http://AmIHackerProof.com

The post Trinity Mirror allowed to appeal £1.2m payout to phone-hacking victims appeared first on National Cyber Security.

View full post on National Cyber Security

Ex-NotW deputy and features editors to stand trial on phone-hacking charges

Neil Wallis and Jules Stenson, the former deputy editor and features editor of the News of the World, are due to stand trial at the Old Bailey next year over an alleged conspiracy to hack phones. Sitting at the Old […]

For more information go to http://www.NationalCyberSecurity.com, http://www. GregoryDEvans.com, http://www.LocatePC.net or http://AmIHackerProof.com

View full post on National Cyber Security

Nick Davies: Ipso could have killed phone-hacking investigations

Nick Davies: Ipso could have killed phone-hacking investigations

Davies, the investigative reporter who unveiled the extent of the phone-hacking scandal, discussed his new book Hack Attack at the Frontline Club in London   “The greatest threat to freedom of the press in our country is our libel law. […]

For more information go to http://www.NationalCyberSecurity.com, http://www. GregoryDEvans.com, http://www.LocatePC.net or http://AmIHackerProof.com

View full post on National Cyber Security

George Clooney will make “Hack Attack,” a movie about the British phone-hacking scandal

George Clooney will make “Hack Attack,” a movie about the British phone-hacking scandal

Never one to shy away from tough content, George Clooney will direct a film adaptation of journalist Nick Davies’ account of the British phone hacking scandal connected with Rupert Murdoch’s news empire. Variety reports that Hack Attack will be produced […]

For more information go to http://www.NationalCyberSecurity.com, http://www. GregoryDEvans.com, http://www.LocatePC.net or http://AmIHackerProof.com

View full post on National Cyber Security