#trumps

now browsing by tag

 
 

Why there’s reason to be skeptical about Trump’s drug pricing order | #tinder | #pof | romancescams | #scams

President Trump released an executive order on Sunday ordering the Department of Health and Human Services to begin the process of limiting what Medicare pays for prescription drugs relative to […] View full post on National Cyber Security

#nationalcybersecuritymonth | Trumps sends top adviser to warn against Huawei

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans

U.S. President Donald Trump is dispatching his point man on Huawei Technologies to Ottawa Monday to press the Trudeau government on barring the Chinese telecom giant from next-generation 5G wireless networks in Canada.

Robert Blair, White House special representative for international telecommunications, will be laying out U.S. national-security objections over Huawei’s 5G wireless gear in a meeting with Public Safety Minister Bill Blair and senior officials from the departments of Innovation, Foreign Affairs and Defence, Canadian and U.S. sources say. The Globe and Mail is keeping their names confidential because they are not authorized to publicly comment on the matter.

The U.S. source said that the special representative, who is deputy White House chief of staff as well, will also warn Canada that it could lose access to sensitive intelligence if Huawei is allowed to sell its 5G gear to Canadian wireless carriers.

Story continues below advertisement

This is the first high-level U.S. visit to Ottawa that is solely in support of the U.S. campaign to press allies to bar Huawei from Western telecommunications infrastructure

Washington had also planned to send deputy national-security adviser Matthew Pottinger and economic adviser Larry Kudlow, but they had to cancel to deal with the coronavirus crisis, according to the sources.

The Trump administration, U.S. national intelligence agencies and Congress have led a global campaign against Huawei, arguing that it poses a risk to Western national security. Other countries building 5G networks without Huawei for this reason include Australia, South Korea, India, Japan and Taiwan.

Canada is the only member of the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing alliance – the others are the U.S., Australia, New Zealand and Britain – which has yet to decide whether to bar Huawei from 5G.

Australia, which is more heavily dependent on Chinese trade, has joined the U.S. ban of Huawei, and New Zealand has rejected one wireless carrier’s proposal to use Huawei gear in a 5G network.

Britain angered Washington last month when it took a different course than other Five Eyes members. It rejected U.S. calls for a ban and instead limited Huawei to 35 per cent of the British telecommunications market, banned it from sensitive areas and promised regular testing of Huawei gear for any possible backdoors.

Canada has been conducting a cybersecurity review since last year but has given no indication when a decision will be forthcoming despite pleas from Canada’s telecom carriers for Ottawa to make an announcement. Even with the review under way, Telus announced last month that it would proceed to build its 5G network with Huawei gear.

Story continues below advertisement

The Globe has reported that the Canadian military and Canadian Security Intelligence Service want Huawei barred while the Communications Security Establishment, which handles cybersecurity, believes Huawei gear can be tested and monitored for possible backdoors.

The department of Innovation, Science and Industry is also involved in evaluating whether to allow Huawei into the country’s 5G networks.

Innovation Minister Navdeep Bains said last week – in an apparent reference to the U.S. campaign against Huawei – that Canada “won’t get bullied by any other jurisdiction” in its decision.

When the CBC’s Power & Politics asked Mr. Bains whether he was referring to the Trump administration, he said: “Maybe that was the wrong choice of words. …We won’t be influenced by other jurisdictions. We will make our own independent decision.”

Asked again if he felt that the United States was “bullying Canada”, Mr. Bains said “countries have raised their concerns.”

Separately, Foreign Affairs Minister François-Philippe Champagne has hired an adviser on Asia-Pacific matters who, in a paper published online last December, advised against Canada allowing itself to be drawn too deeply into a U.S.-China conflict.

Story continues below advertisement

“Given deepening U.S.-China antagonism, there is a danger that Canada is siphoned into a higher-level sharp conflict of hearts and minds against China, which would not serve Canadian interests,” University of Ottawa professor Pascale Massot wrote in a paper titled Global order, U.S.-China relations and Chinese behaviour: The ground is shifting, Canada must adjust.

“The current dominant narrative depicting China as a threat to the global order creates a hunkering down mentality and is not conducive to seeing the global order’s limitations and need for reform or to engaging system outsiders in a constructive way,” she wrote.

“A key question for Canadian foreign policy going forward will be how to carve room for manoeuvre given the triangular nature of the U.S.-China-Canada relationship.”

There is a bipartisan consensus in the U.S. Congress that Huawei should be banned. Republicans in both houses have even tabled legislation to ban intelligence sharing with allies that use Huawei 5G gear.

Last year, the Democratic vice-chair of the U.S. Senate intelligence committee, Mark Warner, urged Canada to set aside any ill feelings toward Mr. Trump and join the U.S. in blacklisting Huawei.

Source link

The post #nationalcybersecuritymonth | Trumps sends top adviser to warn against Huawei appeared first on National Cyber Security.

View full post on National Cyber Security

#cyberfraud | #cybercriminals | Here’s What Trump’s Appointees Achieved in 2019

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans Photo courtesy Wikimedia commons. In 2019, the Trump administration issued 44 executive orders, signed 94 bills into law and finalized more than three thousand new rules. One hundred judges were confirmed to the federal bench, the most of any year in Trump’s term. Simply put, it […] View full post on AmIHackerProof.com

Trump’s order to strengthen cybersecurity is a step in right direction

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans

More regulations are needed to ensure that software and hardware creators make their products as safe as possible before going to market. On May 11, 111 days after taking office, President Donald Trump signed the Presidential Executive Order on Strengthening the Cybersecurity of Federal Networks and Critical Infrastructure. When data…

The post Trump’s order to strengthen cybersecurity is a step in right direction appeared first on National Cyber Security Ventures.

View full post on National Cyber Security Ventures

Trump’s cybersecurity EO is ‘terrible’ says former AT&T CISO, recommends focus on 3 areas

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans

Ed Amoroso, the former chief security officer of AT&T, once wrote a blog post grading the previous administrations in Washington in cybersecurity. They all rated badly. That included the recent Obama administration, which Amoroso said, got “too wrapped up in privacy.” He gave the Obama administration a simple recommendation on…

The post Trump’s cybersecurity EO is ‘terrible’ says former AT&T CISO, recommends focus on 3 areas appeared first on National Cyber Security Ventures.

View full post on National Cyber Security Ventures

Trump’s cyber policy remains ‘to be determined’

more information on sonyhack from leading cyber security expertsSource: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans President Trump was the driver of a “change” election in 2016, but after four months in office it remains unclear what kind of change he wants to bring to the cybersecurity policy space. The Trump administration has killed Obama-era cybersecurity regulations in the telecommunications sector, but […] View full post on AmIHackerProof.com | Can You Be Hacked?

Here’s why people are looking for love after Trump’s election

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans

Here’s why people are looking for love after Trump’s election

Donald Trump has seen a lot of haters and faced a lot of criticism but there are some who have been encouraged and are looking for love after his win. An online dating site has revealed what most people wouldn’t …

The post Here’s why people are looking for love after Trump’s election appeared first on National Cyber Security Ventures.

View full post on National Cyber Security Ventures

Trump’s Impending Crackdown on Cybersecurity

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans

The U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) was running its first major wargame planning exercise in four years. It was called Internal Look 01. That exercise allowed us to test several military messaging systems, some classified, some not. CENTCOM’s intelligence director was …

The post Trump’s Impending Crackdown on Cybersecurity appeared first on National Cyber Security Ventures.

View full post on National Cyber Security Ventures

WikiLeaks calls on hackers to leak President Trump’s income tax returns

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans

WikiLeaks calls on hackers to leak President Trump’s income tax returns

WikiLeaks is calling for the release of President Donald Trump’s tax returns after Republican strategist and counselor to the commander-in-chief, Kellyanne Conway said Trump will not be releasing the much talked about files. The whistleblower site, which was blasted during …

The post WikiLeaks calls on hackers to leak President Trump’s income tax returns appeared first on National Cyber Security Ventures.

View full post on National Cyber Security Ventures

Trump’s “Hackable” Android Phone Is A Security Threat To The US — Experts Warn

android-phone-of-trump-threat-640x356

Source: National Cyber Security – Produced By Gregory Evans

Trump’s “Hackable” Android Phone Is A Security Threat To The US — Experts Warn

There’s no sign that the USA president-elect, Donald Trump, has given up his personal Android device. The security experts have called his regular Android smartphone a security threat to the USA and its allies. While Trump wishes to continue using

The post Trump’s “Hackable” Android Phone Is A Security Threat To The US — Experts Warn appeared first on National Cyber Security Ventures.

View full post on National Cyber Security Ventures